Are you interested in bringing your Application Development experience to a start-up like company and an industry that matters? SMC Partners, a Healthfirst company, is an information technology and consulting company helping health and human services organizations deliver better services and care. Join the development team as we work on an exciting new product and make a difference.
The Developer’s primary responsibilities are to analyze, design, implement and test customized software applications. The Developer should have essential knowledge of software development The Developer’s primary responsibilities are to analyze, design, implement and test customized software applications. The Developer should have essential knowledge of software development and design, is a quick learner and should have passion to refine him/herself by adopting new development skills. The self-motivated Developer should be flexible and willing to learn new programming skills and should be able to migrate existing solutions from one development stack to another based on organization roadmap. The tasks will include developing lightweight front-end web applications to work in conjunction with backend API’s and Web Services using modern frameworks and custom written libraries.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Designs, develops, and maintains complex applications
- Develops unit tests and provides code coverage to accurately test business logic and functionality
- Participates in developing specifications such as user stories and designs
- Solves or recommends solutions for complex issues and problems
- Assist in the development of logical and physical specifications
- Documents designs, issues, solutions, tips & tricks as needed
- Fosters a team approach to software development and delivery
- Stays current in new IT technologies to maintain a high level of subject matter expertise.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-3 years of API integration and/or development experience
- Excellent HTML and CSS skills (should be able to build table-less layouts from the ground up efficiently)
- Bachelors Degree
- Healthcare Experience
- Experience working with CI/CD
- Experience working with GIT for version control and content deployment
- Prior experience integrating with backend systems
- Practical knowledge of REST Web Services
- Some knowledge of *NIX shell skills
- Experience in Agile environments and methodologies