Sr Application Developer, Clinical HIE
Are you interested in bringing your Application Development experience to a start-up like company and an industry that matters? SMC Partners, a Healthfirst company, is an information technology and consulting company helping health and human services organizations deliver better services and care. Join the development team as we work on an exciting new product and make a difference.
The Senior Application Developer’s primary responsibilities are to analyze, design, implement and test customized software applications. The Senior Developer will have a strong knowledge of software development and design and will have experience working to develop business-critical applications.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Designs, develops, and maintains complex applications
- Develops unit tests and provides code coverage to accurately test business logic and functionality
- Participates in developing specifications such as user stories and designs
- Solves or recommends solutions for complex issues and problems
- Assist in the development of logical and physical specifications
- Documents designs, issues, solutions, tips & tricks as needed
- Fosters a team approach to software development and delivery
- Stays current in new IT technologies to maintain a high level of subject matter expertise.
- All other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- 4 years of experience with Java
- 4 years of experience building interfaces, services, or APIs.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Systems
- Healthcare experience
- Experience with Health Information Exchanges (HIEs) or Electronic Medical Records (EMRs).
- Experience with Agile development processes and continuous integration.
- Experience Building streaming topologies with Kafka
- Experience with HL7 and FHIR
- Kubernetes experience
- Experience with AWS Cloud
- Experience with Kotlin