Business Analyst/Senior Business Analyst Job Description
SMC Partners is a Systems and Management Consulting firm focused on information technology, business intelligence and human performance in healthcare, health insurance and social services. We help our clients by developing custom solutions with leading technologies. Our fun and exciting culture helps our employees enjoy a balanced lifestyle, continuous learning, teamwork, and entrepreneurship.
The ideal candidate will be high energy and have a passion for the SMC mission
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with all levels of end users to quickly document possible approaches to problems.
- Gather, analyze and document user requirements.
- Translate business and user requirements into functional specifications.
- Develop business process flows and detailed design documentation.
- Work with development team to ensure product is built to specifications.
- Develop test cases and perform user testing.
- Document and manage issues.
- Keeps client information confidential.
- Entry Level Business Analyst: Associates degree; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Senior Business Analyst: Associates degree; Bachelor’s degree preferred. 1-4 years relevant experience.
- A critical thinker who is creative, detail oriented and committed to quality.
- Organized, self-motivated and able to meet project deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Technology skills – proficient in Microsoft Office suite; knowledge of Visio a plus.
- Ability to work in a matrix-management environment.
- A customer focused, results oriented, self-starter with excellent teaming abilities.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Efficiently able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Healthcare experience a plus.
Some travel may be required.
Salary dependent on experience and qualifications.